Background

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday in Idaho



Well we got up and had breakfast together. Jen tried to show me as much as she could. We took RJ to preschool just around the corner at 8:30 (we were a little late). The other 13 or 14 children were already gathered around the long table. RJ loves preschool. His teacher seems very enthusiastic. I told him to give Mom a big hug and say goodbye because she would be gone when he got home. I think it surprised both of them. They both did great. Don't know that I would have!
Then back home for Jen to finish packing. I tried to write down directions to get to the shuttle pickup area again hoping I can find it again.
Savannah definitely understood Mommy wasn't coming with us. She screamed for a few minutes. She did calm down though which was helpful since I didn't have a clue where I was. I couldn't get the GPS to find the grocery store Fred Meyer and I couldn't figure out where the "home" button was so I typed in the address for home. It took me right past the grocery store! So Savannah and I had an adventure. She wanted to ride in the car grocery cart. She was a perfect angel, never asking for anything. We made it through and I even found the van again! The GPS got me back home too. (I did figure out where the "home" button is later).
We put away the few groceries and Savannah watched Strawberry Shortcake for a few minutes before we went and picked up RJ from preschool. He told me all about his morning. Back home we had lunch, hot dogs "barbequed" in the toaster oven. They both ate really well, even though Savannah had almost a whole banana a half hour before.
Then while Savannah napped RJ and I played several board games. He plays pretty well and we had a good time. After nap they helped clean up the play area and we also played with the toys. We watered the front lawn too.
For dinner we had chicken nugget pieces and grapes. They enjoyed that. We played on the WII for some time and enjoyed reading time, scripture time and prayer. They both went to bed pretty easily.

No comments: