Background

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday, Yippee!

I went thru my closet all morning eliminating all the clothes that don't fit anymore. It was hard some of the time. I have some pretty clothes, but they've gotta go. It is SO nice to wear fitted clothes! Then I did the usual, laundry, cleaning, etc. Scott worked on the shed. It was warm and really muggy for here. I love the sun though. We had some really heavy rain on Monday, almost 5 inches! The street outside our office flooded over completely, up to the bottom of car doors. Somewhere in town a lady drove into a creek thinking it was a flooded road. She got towed out and was ok.
Tonight we went to the ward Harvest Party which was a chili cook-off and square dancing. We had a great turnout with 20 chilies. I made low-fat chicken chili. I have never cooked with poblano, and jalapeno chilies. It actually came out more mild than I expected. Of course Scott said it wasn't really chili, but that's ok. I liked it and so did some other people. They had someone making balloon animals for the kids, a doughnut bobbing contest for the kids and they had a square dancing group come teach us to dance. That was really fun. Scott said it was ok. He did it and seemed to like it, but I loved it. It was just plain fun. One of the best ward parties I've ever been to.
I have joined the ward choir, even though I hate standing up front. Linda Pederson is our new director and she is great. She really teaches it to us. I actually look forward to going to practice. Scott has been going for some time now already.
We got our reservations for Disneyland. We are going the week after Thanksgiving, driving straight there from St. George, Utah. We have a city pass that includes a 3-day park hopper pass for Disneyland and California Adventure parks, 1 day at Universal Studios, and 1 day at Seaworld and either the San Diego Zoo or the Wild Animal Park (we haven't decided what we're doing in SD yet. I really wanted to go to Universal. I'm really excited. Can't wait!

No comments: