Background

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Carmel-vacation from my vacation

A couple weeks after my trip to Idaho Scott and I had a rare Friday off together. We decided a week before to go to Carmel. We went one other time and didn't have a good experience so I was determined this would be better. I spent several evenings trying to find a place to stay on the internet. Carmel and Monterey are not cheap! Wednesday night I was getting a bit concerned. I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend a bit more. I found a quaint inn in Carmel. We got it for a deal but it was still expensive but Wow, it was nice.
While I was working on the internet Scott had Tim Shelton and some other friends come over and finally install our new armoir/TV cabinet in the room. We spent hours putting all the electronic equipment back together. It is so beautiful. I love it.
We drove to Carmel Friday morning and found our room to be just wonderful. It was actually 2 rooms, a bedroom with a huge kingsize bed with a fluffy white down comforter. The bedding was exquisite. There was a stone fireplace in each room. The other room had a daybed with lots of pillows. I prefer a couch for watching TV but the daybed was pretty comfy. The huge bathroom had gaudy tile but a jetted tub. What a nice place. They have a patio with tables and umbrellas so you can enjoy their nice continental breakfast outside. They also have small finger foods and wine in the afternoon.
It was a short 2 blocks to the main tourist area of Carmel. Carmel is so quaint. I just love it. We missed breakfast on Sat. so we asked where to go. They steered us the best place! I had cheese blintzes, which are like crepes with ricotta cheese inside and a raspberry glaze on top. I even had hot chocolate. It was chilly and we sat outside under the heaters. Since I've been dieting since March, this was really rich food for me. I enjoyed, or rather savored, every bite, but I suffered a bit later. My stomach hurt for awhile. We wandered around town and Scott even indulged me by looking in shops that I like. They had 2 shops filled with french decorating ideas, that I just love. Our plan was to see the sunset on the beach and we did walk all the way down to the beach despite the fog. It was cold and foggy so we didn't stay long. The beach is not Scott's favorite thing.
We had planned on a certain place to eat dinner but they were full for the evening, apparently you need to make reservations ahead. Well, we were happily disappointed because the place we ended up at was absolutely wonderful. The waiter was standing outside the door trying to get people to come in. He was French and so friendly. We found out later that he is a college grad trying to make it as an artist, sculptor I think. The fish was wow! And the salad was unusual greens with melted goat cheese. Even Scott loved it. Two outstanding meals in one day!
We went back to our room and enjoyed watching TV. I think we brought the DVDs "24" and finished the season.
Sunday we went to church at a Seaside ward which was one of the most friendly wards we have ever attended. The Sunday School lesson was great. Learned something new. It was so nice
to have time away from home and relax. We had a great time!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Carmel July09
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: