Background

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: June 09 in Idaho
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: June in Iona
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



I'm so bad about updating my blog. I'm going to try to do better, even if it's only a journal entry with no pics.
I need to do June, with my wonderful trip to Idaho. I flew to Boise, ID on June 20th and spent 5 days with Jeremy, Lisa, Makale (3), and Abigail, my new little granddaughter. Makale and I played with playdough and I watched him draw endless circles on the easel. Those 2 activities seemed to be his favorites at the time. Abigail loves to smile. She was adorable. Jeremy and I had a good talk on the way to his house from the airport. It was so nice to spend some time with him. Lisa is a sweet hostess, especially with all the company she had been having. Thanks!
I took Makale to the park. They have a large park with a big pond and nice playground. He had a good time and I enjoyed being outside.
Jeremy and Lisa took Abigail and flew to N. Carolina for a conference for Jeremy's work on Thurs. They were gone until Monday, so I loaded up the car, (much thanks to Lisa for packing items for Makale), with Makale and Pearl, their dog, and my computer slash DVD player for Makale in the back seat. I think the drive from Boise to Idaho Falls is about 4 1/2 hours. It took us about 6 1/2 hours. My computer kept freezing up almost exactly every 40 minutes. I had to find an offramp and pull over. Several times I had to restart the computer, which a 5 minute ordeal. So I lost almost 10 minutes every time. But Makale was an Angel! He was SO good in his carseat and the dog, What dog? Pearl never made a peep in her crate! I was totally amazed.
I stopped in American Falls, I think, for lunch and asked for directions to the nearest park so Makale could play and I could walk the dog. Well 2 different times I was given directions to the park on the river but after 40 minutes of driving around, totally frustrated, we continued down the road. I found a truckstop which had a large dirt parking lot and weeds so I was able to let Pearl and Makale out. It was a LONG drive! And when I got just a couple miles outside of Idaho Falls they were laying gravel on the road and had it down to one lane. You had to drive on the new gravel for several miles at about 20-30 miles an hour. So tedious, and so close to home. Oh, how I wished I knew how to get there on sidestreets.
Well, we did finally arrive to spend 4 days with Jared and Jen and their family. Zachery, their new baby, was so cute. He slept a bit but I did get to spend time with him too. Jared and Jen had recently acquired a large trampoline (Jeremy and Lisa got a small one too!). They kids had a great time playing together on the tramp. Makale loves to be outside. RJ and Savannah have a stage in RJ's bedroom, although Savannah doesn't need a stage to ham it up. She sings and dances. Oh how I wish I could understand what she's singing. She's so serious. What an actress. RJ loves the stage too.
I love spending time the the grandchildren. Oh how sweet, innocent, and precious they are.
It was a busy fun trip.
On Monday I packed up the car and off we went back to Boise. This time went a bit faster, thankfully. I rigged a way to get the computer up front when it froze up so I could get the movie going again. Aren't movies a wonderful way to keep kids busy in the car!
I got to spend a little more time with Abigail before I left for home on Tuesday.
Phew! Love them dearly, but 10 days was exhausting!

No comments: