Background

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday-Last day in Idaho







Last night wasn't fun. An hour after RJ went to bed he woke up crying and complaining that his nose hurt. He was half asleep and cranky. I got him back to bed but he did the same thing an hour later. So I ended up after the 3rd time getting in bed with him. He slept fitfully all night. Not until morning and several more questions did I understand that his sinuses hurt. I found some Saline solution which helped immediately. Dummy, I should have figured that out last night. We both would have gotten a better night's sleep. Savannah had a runny nose today too. My nose has bothered me since I got here from the dry air. Jared called a little later and told me where to find the decongestant. That helped them both.

So today was a more difficult day for them both.

After breakfast and baths we got ready to go to Bear World, near Rexburg. Jared called and talked to the kids just as we were getting ready to leave. It was a quick and easy trip. We drove through the animal park first which is why I wanted to get there early while the animals were still roaming around. That was smart because we drove through again a couple hours later on our way out and it was warmer so the animals were mostly sleeping and a lot harder to see.
The grizzly bear was my favorite. I didn't get a picture of it though.


We walked through the petting zoo which was one of the best I've ever seen. The goats are fed so they don't attack you so much like other places, but they have many other animals too; a pig, chickens, turkeys, several deer (I don't recall ever petting a deer before), and a moose (behind a fence). The moose was lying down so we didn't get to actually pet it. They also have an illusive turtle which we never found. Mostly RJ just wanted to go get on the rides which is included in the price of admission.(Thanks for the 1/2 off coupon Jen!). That was worth it completely after what I paid for rides at the fair the other day. They could ride as much as they wanted which was fun, until I was ready to leave. Savannah wasn't too happy. They also have 2 pens that house 6 bear cubs. They were adorable and we got to watch them play while we had lunch. And to my delight they had shaved ice snow cones. Yeah! I was so looking forward to that when I came. I finally got one on my last day here. It really has felt like a vacation. I have enjoyed the kids a lot. I have been frustrated at times with Savannah but she is 2, what can you expect?




We got home about 2 and I put Savannah down for a nap and had RJ play quietly since they are both a little sick. I did some straightening up so Jen could come home to a nice clean home. RJ and I played the pig game which is one of my favorites. The Simply Fun games are really great. They are especially nice for the younger kids. A much better selection and easier to play for young kids.



The evening was spent quietly watching Curious George. Savannah was quite unhappy that we weren't watching Strawberry Shortcake again. Sorry Savannah. They got to bed 1/2 hour late because of the movie. Jen called and talked to them. Savannah was so cute. She giggled and laughed and laughed while listening to her Mom. She and RJ were kind of egging each other on.



The only real concern was that we couldn't get a hold of the babysitter that is due tomorrow at 6:30am. I think she will be here though. Jen got a backup just in case though. I feel bad though that she needs her sleep and she is worried about it.



I packed and finally got in bed about 10:30, way too late. Up at 5:30 tomorrow.

No comments: