Background

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday in Idaho-Quieter Day










Well, a busy day really took a toll on Savannah. Last night after only an hour of sleep she woke up screaming. I went up and rocked her back to sleep which only took a few minutes. I was tired too. I talked to Scott who took this week of for vacation time also to rebuild our backyard shed. He has the old one torn down and 2 walls built on the new one.

I woke up at 5:30, UGH, and couldn't go back to sleep. Savannah woke up at 6:30 and cried. I was surprised it didn't wake RJ up. I let her cry and she went back to sleep. I had to get her up at 8:20 to take RJ to school. I had to wake him up too at 7:45. We still had enough time to get a bath (he wet the bed) and have breakfast. He changed his mind about what he wanted to show his classmates today. He found a toy yesterday at the fair which is something he really wanted. It has a compass and 2 magnifying glasses.

When we got back home Savannah and I had breakfast and then into the bath she went. She spent a long time playing. I had to all warm water twice and she was still upset when I did finally get her out. I do expect her to be tired today though. Now she is watching her movie which I figure will help her get some rest.



I forgot to note that yesterday morning RJ had the only what I would call "meltdown" since I got here. It was actually kind of funny cuz his misunderstood. The kids were in the bath and the water was getting cold. RJ complained that it was cold so I asked him to get out first so I could dry him off and get him warm. He instead layed back down so instead I thought I would let him stay in and I took Savannah out to dry her off. RJ totally lost it, was bawling and screaming that he wanted to go first. I kept telling him I was trying to be nice but he would have nothing to do with that. I took Savannah in the bedroom to dress her and then he really got upset, started screaming not to leave him. He thought I was going to leave for the fair. I told him I would never, never leave him alone. He finally calmed down when I got him out and held him. I was a bit concerned that we would have a hard day but as I said in the previous post we had a great day.

We picked up RJ from school and stopped at the post office, no mail. RJ was excited about the book he wrote (2 pages). He is also learning to read from "left to right and top to bottom". We had little pizzas for lunch and about the time they were done Jared and Jen called and wanted to talk to the kids on Skype (the computer). RJ told them about school and the fair yesterday. Savannah showed her new PJs. Tomorrow is Jen's 24 hours of flying and has to get up at 3am. Yuck.
After lunch was naptime for Savannah and since it got a little nicer outside RJ got to ride his jeep. While we were out there Sally came bolting across the front yard to go bark at the dogs across the street. I had to go drag her back and before I could find a way to block the fence, the part that is in the ditch water she got out again so I had to drag her back again, which wasn't easy because she is so low to the ground. So I put her in the mudroom and then hunted up some wood and stakes to rig the fence and I found another hole in the side fence as well that I had to plug up. I guess she has been really lonely.
Then we played Ribbit and OOga. Lisa called while we were playing Sorry. We talked for about 10 minutes. I could hear that cute little Makale in the background.
Savannah slept til almost 4 although it took her awhile to go to sleep. She was still a bit cranky still though. We went out in the backyard to pick tomatoes and play with Sally. They played on the swings and slide for a few minutes before we ended up in the sandbox. We all played together and had a great time. Savannah insisted on lying down in the sand and trying to cover herself with sand. She was wet and it was getting overcast so we went in and took a warm bath. I made tacquitos for dinner. I can't get RJ to eat grapes or watermelon but Savannah loves them. They both had yogurt too though. Then we watched Monsters Inc together and did the regular books, scriptures, and prayer. As I tucked RJ into bed I told him we have one more day together. I should have waited til tomorrow. That made him really sad but we talked about all the things we have done together and how we can talk on the computer after I go home. I also reminded him Mommy will be home too. Hopefully he's not too sad tomorrow.
Savannah had a tough day. I think I messed her up not having a nap yesterday. I think she'll be better tomorrow. Love them both. I can't believe it's almost over already. I will miss them but look forward to being home in my own bed. I just wish we lived closer to all the grandkids.

No comments: