Background

Friday, September 19, 2008

update

Scott has been working on building a new shed since I left for Idaho. I am calling it a monstrosity because he decided to make it taller than a regular room so it can have a loft built in it. It started to sprinkle tonight so we had to cover all the contents from the shed that are sitting in the side yard. He has the walls up, next I think the roof trusses go up.
Saturday mornings he hasn't been able to work on it though because we have been asked by the Prophet to get involved in trying to pass the proposition that states that marriage is between a man and a woman. I don't believe that our children should be taught in schools that any kind of family is normal. So we have been going door to door handing out flyers that explain the proposition. Everyone has been very nice, even those people that disagree. We aren't there to argue, just to inform people.
I have been sanding our new door, getting ready to varnish it. I hope to varnish one side tomorrow afternoon. It really is a pretty door. I am anxious to get it done.
We also dropped off the 4-Runner to have the seats recovered. The upholsterer thought he might be able to get the identical fabric but alas, it wasn't to be. But he did suggest that we reuse the fabric down the center of the seats since it was in good shape and matches the door panels. But they just didn't have a good match in fabric so we ended up deciding on leather. I hope that we like it.
Well number 4 receptionist at our office since last November has quit. Sharon decided she just wanted a cushy, easy job, and this just isn't such a thing. So we are getting resumes again. OH Boy! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that I get to start training all over again.

No comments: