Background

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saying goodbye

I did say goodbye to the kids last night, in fact RJ was upset the night before when I reminded him that we had one more day. So last night wasn't so bad. This morning getting up at 5:30 was a drag. I was definitely tired today.
The babysitter showed up right on time which was great. Just as I was getting ready to leave RJ came down the stairs. He heard me talking to Katie. I was surprised. He hugged me and we talked a couple minutes. He didn't cry though. I told him to tell Katie all about our week and he surprised me even more when I asked him to go back to bed. He did and went back up the stairs. Now whether or not he stayed there I don't know.
I will miss them both a ton. I have to say that RJ was an angel almost the entire time. Savannah is so cute and sweet when she's good, but when she wants something her way she can be quite trying. Jen, you are a saint to be so patient with her.
I love you all! Already miss them tons. I just love the hugs and kisses and "I love you Gramma's"!
Travel home was nice, but oh how I appreciated the 70 degree weather in Idaho. When I got home it was about 100 or more. YULK!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry I missed you. I wanted to go over there to see you. Hope you had fun though.