Background

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday in Idaho




We went to bed on time since today was a school day for RJ but of course he slept in later today. He has been getting up about 7:15 but today it was about 7:40. I had already had my shower so he got in the tub with just Nemo the washcloth instead of all the toys after having his pancake that I reheated from dinner the other night. He got dressed in some warm clothes cuz the house was really cool today. He probably could have worn short sleeves cuz his teacher's house was warmer when I picked him up.
Savannah ate her pancake while RJ was in the tub and she took her bath after we got back from taking RJ to preschool. Putting her hair in pigtails went much easier today. Yeah! She and I had a good time alone today. We played with the electronic Leap Frog word game that is on the fridge. She doesn't understand it as well as RJ but she liked the ABC song. She pushed her dolly around in the stroller awhile and kept saying "goodbye" and waving. One time she went upstairs and came down fully armed to work in a beauty salon. I got a picture of that. How cute. The time flew today. I only let her watch Strawberry Shortcake for a little while before we played. She wasn't happy about that but got over it.
Sally has been difficult the last 2 days. I changed the battery in her bark collar but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I keep having to put her in the mudroom for awhile and then let her out again.
RJ had fun at school. He learned about the days of the week and writing from left to right and top to bottom. The schoolroom is really colorful and cute. I got there to pick him up just before they finished for the day. They sang a song and then had a cheer. RJ got to bring home the blue bag (show and tell). He gets to take something to school to talk about. He can give clues to have the other children guess. He chose the smallest toy he has I think, Remy, the rat from the movie Rattatouille. The idea of sharing is for language skills. He was quite excited and told Mom and Dad all about it on the phone later while Savannah was napping.
After lunch of hot dogs, jello, and grapes they ran and played. A few minutes later we sat down to read before Savannah took a nap.
RJ wanted to play a game again and I chose Ribbit. That is a great game for his age. Very cute. After playing according to the rules he wanted to play his own version. He is quite creative and continues to change and make up rules along the way. Before it ended Mom and Dad called. He was anxious to talk to them today. He told them all about school and the toys he got yesterday at the store.
After the game we turned on a movie so I could lay on the couch. I had a headache. RJ really wanted me to watch with him but he was pretty good about letting me rest.
While I was waiting for Savannah to wake up a young woman came to the door carrying a little toddler boy looking for his home. She found him walking down the street. Apparently she is new to the neighborhood and I couldn't find the ward directory. I was going to call Wendy. Just then the woman next door came out with another younger woman. The boy was hers and she hadn't noticed him gone. Very strange.
After Savannah's nap they watched a little more tv while I looked up the info on the internet for the fair and Bear World. Then we headed to the library. RJ was really sad because we couldn't check out any books. Jen and I both didn't think about the library card. At least I couldn't remember talking about it. I couldn't sign up for a card because I had to have a piece of mail with my name on it. Oh well. We went to the park behind the library and had a great time. RJ sang a song he learned in preschool, one I hadn't heard before.
5 little apples on the tree, they look juicy as can be.
Along swooped a crow to have some lunch, and he ate one. crunch, crunch, crunch.
It's something like that, very, very, cute.
I pushed them on the swings and they went down the slide and played with a boy named Spencer. Savannah found a chunk of concrete ( a rock to her) and she and RJ kept taking and hiding it from each other. We were there for over an hour and a half. Then we stopped to pick up the mail. His movie was there and of course Savannah wanted it which turned out ok because low and behold RJ got his OWN mail, a postcard from France from Daddy. He had me read it to him right away. That made his day. Thanks Dad.
Home again and of course they wanted to watch the movie. They were tuckered out from running and playing so that was ok. They layed on the floor and covered up with blankies. It was really cool in the house today, enough that I had a sweatshirt on, even though it was warm outside. It was really nice at the park. So glad the rain is gone. We should have a nice day at the fair tomorrow.
For dinner we had scrambled eggs, jello, and cottage cheese. I am amazed that they will both eat cottage cheese, they even both had seconds.
Then we finished the movie and read books and scriptures. We are reading about Alma and Amulek in prison. Then off to bed. RJ was scared tonight so I left the light on in the toy area so he could go to sleep.
I can't believe how quickly the time is going. It has really been fun.

No comments: