Background

Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday in Idaho

The plan was to go to the fair today but the forecast was for scattered thunder storms. I was surprised RJ wasn't upset at the change in plans. He woke up at 7:15 and climbed in bed with me. I could have slept another half hour but oh well. A few minutes later he asked if he could play on the computer which I let him do. I laid in bed another half hour and then got up to shower. Savannah woke up just as I was drying off. Good timing. She slept in. She of course wanted to watch Strawberry Shortcake and have her strawberry cereal in front of the tv. She has only eaten in front of the tv once before. RJ had a great time playing on the computer. I cleaned while they entertained themselves. It was cloudy all morning but after lunch it got a bit clearer and the sun came out. I was wondering if we should have gone to the fair. The kids talked to Mom and Dad in Belgium on the phone. RJ wasn't really happy about talking on the phone. When he is involved in something he wants nothing to do with the phone. He and I were playing a clue game. We placed cards around the room and gave each other clues to find them. He is good at making stuff up to play.
The timing wasn't the best but we went to the grocery store after that. I tried to go earlier but the kids were busy having fun. So it was really about Savannah's nap time but we went anyway. Fred Meyer's has a play area where you check in the children and you get to shop for an hour without them. They went right in. I felt hurried though and I even missed being paged twice. Poor RJ had to go potty (I did take him right before) and he had to hold it till I heard the 3rd page. As I was waiting in the checkout line I got paged again. Savannah was tired and crying, well actually screaming. Apparently she wasn't playing nice because she was tired. I tried to go back and get in line but she wasn't about to leave RJ so he had to come out with me too. She calmed down enough to get in line. Of course on the way to the car it was pouring rain again! What fun!
Back home I put Savannah down and let her sleep and hour or so even though it was so late. I got her some new PJs which she wanted to put on immediately but we waited til after her nap. I bought them for winter (the ones with feet in them), but actually they came in handy tonight because it was cool in the house because of the weather. I did buy RJ an outfit too but not jammies. He was so funny today. Several times he kept hopping around saying "It's my lucky day" for no reason at all.
Later he asked me to show him today on the calendar. I had to flip to September and show him today, Monday. Then he asked me to show him what day I am leaving. He was so sad, but I reminded him that he will see Mommy that day and we still have 4 days to go.
We watched his new movie, had dinner, and the usual books, scriptures, and prayer which was Savannah's turn.
RJ was a little scared tonight of the shadows in his room so I showed him how to make some funny shadow animals with his hands. That helped. Savannah was crying so I went back in to her room cuz she kept calling for me. I hugged her and covered her up again and she calmed down. She is so cute. I had to put her in a timeout for the first time tonight. She wanted the real remote and threw a fit on the floor. I left her there and she just kept on screaming. After sitting on the stairs for her timeout she was much better. Whenever you scold her for something afterwards she always says "Sorry Gamma".
I can't believe it's half over already. I haven't been as tired as I expected to be. I do enjoy them a lot and so glad I can do this.

No comments: