Background

Monday, September 1, 2008

Saturday in Idaho












According to RJ today is Shooby Dooby's birthday ( his stuffed elephant). So we made him a card but we forgot to have a birthday party for him. Sorry Shooby!
Well, I'm a little behind (today is actually Monday). Guess I've been busy.
All morning we just played. We sould have gone to the zoo in the morning but I was waiting for the young man to come mow the backyard. He didn't come til about 2 or 3 though.
We spent time outside swinging and playing too.
During Savannah's nap RJ and I played concentration and a made up version of a card game. We also played Candyland.
After naptime we drove to the zoo. The kids got to talk to Mom and Dad on the phone on the way there. They have been doing really well. A couple times Savannah has said "Mommy trip". So she does understand that they are gone. I was sure that when she didn't get her way with Grandma that she would ask for Mom or Dad but she hasn't. (Don't feel bad Mom). Poor RJ, he calls me Mom half the time and then he does the opposite when he talks to Mom.
The zoo was fun. We didn't get there til 4pm and I was afraid they wouldn't be closing soon. They do close the gate at 5 but they don't actually close til 6 so we had plenty of time. We never found the zebras but we did find the tortoise. RJ's favorite was the tortoise. I think Savannah's favorite thing was sitting on the fake tiger. She kept leaning over and petting it.
After the zoo we went across the street to the park. Savannah is such a daredevil. She went down the slide her size a few times. RJ was off to climb and slide on the bigger slide. The problem with the bigger children's area is that there are no steps to get up. You have to climb the curved monkey bar like ladder. Savannah went up but when it flattened out at the top she would scare me so I helped her. I was afraid she would fall through. She loved the circular slide.
So off to home. The GPS was great. Kind of went the scenic route to get there and a different way home. I decided we would wait til tomorrow for baths for church. I don't remember what we had to eat each day but we have had hotdogs, chicken nuggets, scrambled eggs and oh yeah tonight we had pancakes at RJ's request. That was a good idea.
After books, scriptures, and prayer was bedtime.
I stayed up and watched Harry Potter for awhile then went to bed and read my scriptures and then a chapter or 2 of New Moon (my second time around).
At 1 in the morning I was awakened by what I thought were footsteps upstairs. I waited for RJ to come down but he never did. A minute or 2 went by and of course normal for me I got scared. I had to force myself to go upstairs. I went to Savannah's room since that was the end of the house where I actually heard the noise. (Just a side note there is no glass over the air conditioner in the window so it is always open.) The door to the new room across from Savannah was now open which it wasn't before. I turned on the light and the window was open but the screen was intact. I went in Savannah's room. All was well, the window was closed. We apparently had a huge gust of wind, but at that moment it seemed quiet and still. That is what bothered me. I couldn't hear a reason for the wind sucking open the door. I still don't understand how it sounded like footsteps. So I headed towards RJ's room and he came out of his room at that moment and said "Grandma, I had a bad dream that there were bad men in my room". My sentiments exactly. So he scared me even more. I have never liked noises at night even as an adult!!! So I had RJ come downstairs to go potty and then I had him get in bed with me. At just that same time the power went out. Brother! It flickered on and off a couple times then it stayed on, thankfully.
Needless to say I was awake for over an hour and a half more. My heart was pounding, I am so pathetic! Of course letting RJ sleep with me wasn't the best idea because he moved and kicked, etc. and then he wanted to sleep with me the next night, but mean ole Gramma said no.

No comments: